At PeachlandNews.com, community is very important. We want this website to be more than a one-way proposition where reporters write and you read. We like the ideas of interactivity and participation. That’s why we like and encourage submissions, so you can communicate your message to a broad, highly interested group of website visitors.
Letters to the Editor
PeachlandNews.com welcomes letters to the editor. Letters must be sent by email and clearly marked as a letter to the editor. Letters must be 300 words or less in size. Click here to send a letter to the editor.
Please send letters in the body of an email. You must include your real name (first and last), your place of residence (example: Peachland) and a telephone number where you can be reached. (Your phone number will not be published, but we require it for verification purposes.)
We do not accept anonymous letters to the editor of any kind. PeachlandNews.com reserves the right to edit or condense any letter. Letters will be published solely at our discretion and we reserve the right to not publish a/any letter submitted to us.
We encourage community groups to use PeachlandNews.com to get their messages out to the community. There’s several things you can do and they are all free to non-profit and public service organizations:
1. Advertise your event in the Community Events Calendar. Just send an email with the following information:
- Name of event.
- Date and time of event.
- Place for event.
- Group hosting the event.
- Entry fee (if any).
- 75 words or less describing the event.
2. Write an article for PeachlandNews.com
- Community groups can submit up to one article per month for publication.
- Articles must be 450 words or less in size.
- Articles must be well written. PeachlandNews.com will edit for spelling but we can’t completely rewrite submitted articles.
- Every published article must be accompanied by a photo of reasonable quality or graphic. If you need help with this requirement, send us an email. We may be able to take a stock photo for you or we may have one on file. Your group’s logo will work just fine too.
- Please follow the photo submission guidelines below.
Please allow several days for us to edit your community group submission and publish it. PeachlandNews.com is not responsible for the validity or accuracy of community group submissions.
PeachlandNews.com accepts photos for consideration for publication under the following conditions:
- You must own the copyright for the photo or have permission to send it to us for publication. (If there is any doubt, we will not publish the photo.)
- Photos must be sent as an attachment to an email.
- Photos must be high quality, of a reasonably large size and must not be altered in Photoshop or any other program.
- The body of the email must contain:
- A statement like: “I own the attached photo(s) and I hereby give PeachlandNews.com permission to publish the photo(s).”
- The name of the photographer for attribution.
- Cutline information: Where the photo was taken, when, what is happening in the photo and the names of people in the photo, from left to right as they appear.
- You agree that PeachlandNews.com has the right to publish the photo(s).
Your short write ups and photos on local sports will be greatly appreciated, especially organized youth sports. Please email them as soon after the game or event as possible.
The nature of the online news industry being what it is, PeachlandNews.com cannot at this time offer remuneration for columnists. We also won’t be giving everyone with a rant and a keyboard carte blanche to get columns published. We are selective. We want thought provoking, well written columns that are of interest to our readers.
If you have an idea for a column, please let us know. We’d like to have two columns sent by email so we can gauge whether what you are capable of writing is appropriate for our audience. Columns should be from 250 to 450 words. If we like what you write, we’ll be in touch with further details.